EHA Level 1 Courses in Refereeing
by John Compton
The listing was posted by England Handball
EHA Level 1 Referee Courses in May
With the coming of Olympic 2012 and the growth of handball in schools across the country there is an increasing need for match officials. England Handball is therefore proud to announce the first EHA Level 1 Course in Refereeing. The first courses will be held in May in Lancashire and
The course marks the start of England Handball's Referee Development Programme aimed at supporting the growth of handball. At the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of the rules of the game and how to implement them in a match situation
- Have a basic understanding of the roles and expectations of officials during a game
- Have gained valuable basic knowledge of how to manage a handball game to ensure that it’s safe and enjoyable for those taking part and spectacular for those watching.
- Have the skills and knowledge to referee matches at junior level and also matches in the Development Leagues.
- Have had the opportunity to referee handball games in a pressure free and friendly environment.
The course is aimed at:
- Experienced handball players who would like to further their understanding of the game or help to support the growth of the game in their local area.
- Players from Development league teams who may wish to referee games within that league.
- Teachers and volunteers running junior tournaments or introducing handball in their schools or within youth groups.
- Referees or Officials from other sports that wish to transfer their skills over to handball.
- Community Sports Leaders and Young Sports Leaders.
The first course will be held on Saturday 1st May
Newhouse Road, Heywood, Lancashire OL10 2NT
Course Cost - £40
Duration - 6 hours, 10am - 4pm
The second course will be held on the 15th & 16th May
Course Cost - £25
Duration - 6.5 Hours,
Saturday 2.30pm to 6pm at Newham Leisure Centre,
Plaistow E13 8SD.
Sunday 10am to 1pm at the SCORE Centre,