What this Policy covers
governing your use of the Website.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting any personal inspiration you submit to SportFocus. We hope to give you as much control and information as possible concerning any information you submit to us and the manner with which we use such information in operating our Website and businesses.
You may visit certain parts of the Website without disclosing who you are or revealing anything about yourself.
SportFocus does not sell, rent, or loan any personal data concerning you, to any third party without your consent. Any personal information you give us is held with care and in full compliance with applicable laws and will not be used in other ways.
- What information SportFocus may gather from you, and how is it used?
- Why does SportFocus gather information from you?
- With whom does SportFocus share the information obtained from you?
- When does SportFocus share personal information with a third party?
- How do you have your name taken off our mailing lists, or to have your name and information deleted or deactivated from the SportFocus database?
- What special steps does SportFocus take to protect the privacy of minors and children?
SportFocus will gather the following types of information about you:-
- Personal information provided by you through voluntary, optional registration on our website and through voluntary, optional participation in certain contests and surveys.
- When you register with SportFocus we ask for your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, post code, occupation, industry and personal interests. Once you register with SportFocus and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- If you are a registered user SportFocus will track your visits to the Website and automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, SportFocus cookie information and the page you requested. See "Information Removal" to remove information.
Use of Information
SportFocus uses personal information for three general purposes:
- to customise the advertising and content you see;
- to fulfil your requests for certain products and services; and
- to contact you about special and new products and services.
- We use the information about which products you are purchasing in order to focus the advertisements and promotions on the Website
- In order to target advertisements, we create aggregate (summary) reports for our advertisers, content providers, sponsors and licensers. Banner advertising is an important source of revenue for SportFocus, and it is important that they know how effective their advertising strategies are.
- We use demographic information to understand what kind of audience the company and the Website is reaching, and what kinds of people are visiting the Website.
- When you purchase products from SportFocus or register for any SportFocus services, we may automatically place you on our list to receive e-mails updating you about special offers, new products, and new services that may be of interest to you.
- SportFocus will send your personal information to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- You participate in and win a contest promoted by SportFocus, we will give your mailing address to the sponsor of the prize.
- We need to send the information to companies who work with and on behalf of SportFocus to provide a product or service to you. This may involve transfers of personal information to foreign companies in particular the United States. When possible, the need to disclose such information to third parties will be disclosed to you prior to finalising a transaction. (Unless we tell you differently these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We need to send the information to companies who are part of the SportFocus group of companies to provide a product or service to you and to send you material that may be of interest to you. This will involve transfers of personal information to foreign companies in particular in the United States;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on the Website violates SportFocus.
If you do not wish to receive any material or e-mail updates, please see the section below on Information Removal
SportFocus uses a feature called a "cookie" to assign a unique identification to your computer. Cookies are files that your Web browser places on your computer's hard drive. SportFocus creates and then uses these cookie files to track your clicks as you go through the Website.
Cookies can be turned off by you but will cause you to become unregistered and may affect the functionality of the website.
SportFocus recommends that if you are providing information on behalf of a child, that you use the child's parent or guardian's e-mail address and that you have the permission of that child's parent or guardian. Our Website includes a facility that access to certain pages can be locked off from minors and children.
Business Partners and Advertisers
If you wish to be removed from a mailing list, you should send an email with the word "remove" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org